Powered by Blogger.

4 year wedding anniversary and a nasty weever fish!!!

Oh my days I have been seriously slacking on the blogging front, I can only apologise for my lack of posts of late.  I have been so preoccupied with life in general that I havent had a chance to get on here and update.

  Anyhoo my hubbles and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary on 17 June.  We had absolutely amazing weather and spent the day doing lovely things.  First off I took him for breakfast at our local greasy spoon called Smokey Joes which is renowned for their hearty breakfasts



 I nearly had a heart attack just looking at it!

We then went to a lovely place in Mawnan Smith called Trebah Gardens, it is beautiful and backs onto a private beach so we spent the day there and had a picnic on the beach with and celebrated with a bucks fizz!







In the evening we went to a lovely restaurant in town called Mannings and enjoyed a bottle of wine with our meal.  So overall we had a great anniversary.


Last weekend I went to the beach with my dog Maisy.  The sea was so lush if a little cold but it didn't stop me from taking a dip, unfortunaltey whilst running out of the sea I stood on a weever fish, at first I thought I had just stood on a sharp shell but then about a minute later the excrutiating pain came and left me hobbling up the beach in floods of tears. 

I knew the only way to relieve the pain was to put it in water as hot as I could handle but as the lifeguard hut was about a mile up a cliff and my car was a 20 minute walk away (it took me long enough just to walk back to my towel plus there was no way I was going to be able to drive home) so I ended up sitting on my towel on my own rocking back and forth to try and ease the pain, the beach was empty so I couldnt even scream for help and ended up ringing my sister to come and rescue me from the beach.  Over an hour later I finally made it home!  I can safely say I will never step foot in the ocean without some sort of footwear, as I never want to go through that pain ever again. 

Be aware people weever fish are very nasty!!!

Keep Smiling
xxx

2 comments

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary - looks like you had the perfect day :)

    Your weever fish incident sounds traumatic - hope you've fully recovered!

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, yes it was pretty traumatic haha it is actually still painful but apparently it can take up to 2 weeks to get back to normal x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin