Powered by Blogger.

Canon or Nikon??

Ok so for my birthday this year I am getting a DSLR camera but I am in a bit of a predicament as to which one to get?!? I only want an entry level because I am new to the DSLR world, so you would think this would be an easy decision but let me tell you, it is not! There are so many amazing entry levels out there to choose from and now I am just totally confused!

Initially I wanted the Nikon D3000 but it annoyed me that there was no live view (which the Canon 1000d had) but then I found out that they were bringing out the D3100 which had live view, 14 megapixels and record video mode and I thought WAHOO I’ve finally made up my mind and this is the one I want. But after doing way too much research online I have discovered that the general consensus is that professionals prefer Canon. Now, I am no professional so I don’t know why this should even bother me but it has left me wondering .................

So my final choices are either

Nikon D3100


Canon 500d


 The specifications and price of both are very similar and I seriously have no idea which one to go for!  I'm drawn to the Nikon because its all shiny and new and was only released last month (yes I really am that fickle) and the Canon came out over a year ago but on the other hand Canon has a really good name for itself in the photograpy world! arrrgghhh HELP! 









5 comments

  1. Both my parents are photographers which means I know quite a lot about cameras. I'd personally say go for the Canon because anything you buy for it (eg. lenses, flash guns) will be compatible with most if not all future Canon cameras. Meaning if you upgrade you don't need to buy everything all over again. With Nikon a lot of their newer lenses aren't compatible with older cameras meaning if you ever did upgrade it would be quite costly. It all just depends on what you're going to do in the future! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your recommendation! Thats good to know about the lenses. I've still got some time to make my mind up, I never thought it would be this hard to pick a camera haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having the same problem with trying to figure out which camera i want.I have heard really good reviews about the canon so i think ill go for that one =]...i just started a blog also..if you would like to follow me please =]..jazglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought the D3100, got it home, and discovered that you can't use a remote with it (that is a total must for us bloggers!) so I returned it and got the D5000. I love it. As much as Canon may be preferred I think Nikons are better camera's for less money, You pay a lot just for the name with Canon. When is your bday? Maybe it already passed and you have a new camera? Let us know! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what did you choose ?? in the end !!

    I wonder that ... hoho :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin