Just a quick post to show you what I am currently wearing on my nails. I love all the grey durgy colour nail polishes that are around at the moment. And I really love Barry M as you get good quality at a really good price!
Saturday, 27 February 2010
Friday, 19 February 2010
Thank the lord its Friday! This is definitely my fave day of the week, theres nothing better than knowing you don't have to get up early for work the next day and I really do love my sleep, I can't get enough of it. Usually on a Friday if Dylan is home we will watch a movie and have a bottle of wine but as I am going alcohol free for February i'll have to make do with just a movie and a cuppa!
Tuesday, 16 February 2010
Here are a few of my favourite things right now!
- Silk scarf from newlook - I'm really into my flowers at the moment and cannot wait for spring to come its my favourite season!
- Heart earrings (from a set of 3) from Topshop - Really cute and got them for valentines day really.
- Charm bracelet from accessorize - it has lots of cute little flowers, pearls, butterflys on it
- Poppy hair clip - I love to just stick a flower in my hair the bigger the better!
- Tom Ford Black Orchid Perfume - This is just absolutely gorgeous, my hubby bought it for me for Christmas and i'm always getting comments on how nice I smell.
- Johnsons baby powder and lotion - I love the whole Johnsons baby range the original scent smells so fresh and I use both of these daily.
- Pantene Repair and Protect Shampoo and Conditioner - I've heard that Pantene is supposed to be bad for your hair and strip it of its natural oils or something but I love it regardless. It just really works with my hair, other shampoos tend to strip the colour from my hair but this really locks the moisture into my hair and makes it really shiny and I just love the smell of it.
- Maxfactor Second Skin foundation in 040 creamy ivory - I used this for the first time today and I have to say after trying nearly every single MAC foundation this wins hands down. The formulation of this is like silk it just sinks into my skin like a dream and doesn't leave any residue behind. It literally does just look like your skin rather than a cakey mess and it costs about £13 which just makes me love it even more!
- MAC blushcreme in Posey - This is gorgeous, gives a beatiful glow to the skin (I really hate the cakey face look)
- MAC prep and prime mascara - I absolutely love this and can't recommend it enough, I often get asked if my eyelashes are fake when i use this under my mascara which leads me onto.............
- Maxfactor masterpiece mascara - This is becoming a firm favourite of mine, I absolutely love mascara and can't get enough of it, I have little pig eyes without mascara!!
- MAC eyeshadow in Dazzleglass - This is a really universal eyeshadow, I love how it has lovely gold tones to it, its great as a highlighter and inner corner or just all over the lid for a neutral look.
- MAC lipgelee in lSicked Pink - This is always in my handbag and is a great daytime lipgloss. It also looks totally amazing on top of Snob lipstick by MAC.
- PJ's from Primark - Theres nothing better than coming home from work, getting in the bath and chilling in your PJ's xx
Monday, 15 February 2010
I had such a lovely Valentines weekend. I spent Saturday in Exeter with my husband Dylan, I did a bit of shopping and highlight of the day was Nando's for lunch, yummo! Sunday we took our dog Maisy to Gwithian Beach for a lovely walk, the weather was beautiful and I have to say it is my favourite beach in Cornwall.
Dylan then cooked a 3 course meal and we watched The Time Travellers Wife. My red velvet cupcakes went down a storm too.
I went for a classic make up look with just my usual MAC foundation and MSF powder, bare eyelids, MAC Knight Divine under my lower lashes, a little bit of MAC black track fluid line, Maxfactor Materpiece mascara and some Eyelure false lashes. On my lips I wore Chanel lipstick in Shanghai Red and a Chanel lipgloss in no 69 on top (although it had pretty much all rubbed off after eating all that food). I hope everyone had a lovely Valentines day it really is one of my favourite times of year as it's when my husband and I first got together xx much love xx
Wednesday, 10 February 2010
It was my best friend Amy's birthday last week and as a surprise I baked a giant cupcake cake. I got the tin online from prezzybox.com its by Wilton and cost £28.95.
It came with a recipe for a chocolate pound cake which I actually didn't like the sound of and as I wanted just a plain sponge base I used the vanilla cupcake recipe from my Hummingbird bakery cookbook instead and just quadrupled the mix. For my first attempt I have to say it couldn't have turned out any better and was pretty delish although it was a bit of a nightmare to actually cut. I iced it with butter icing (also recipe from hummingbird) with a touch of red colouring to make it pink and sprinkled smarties over the top and put chocolate fingers around the bottom to give the cupcake case effect. So anyway here is a picture of the end result!
As it's valentines day on Sunday I will be making red velvet cupcakes and I bought some lovely little edible hearts and glitter to decorate them.
Monday, 8 February 2010
Ok so I watched the documentary that Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud did (The Truth about Tanning) at the weekend and was totally inspired by the programme and am going to fully embrace being pale. I am naturally very fair (although not quite as pale as Nicola!). I can't believe the measures that some people go to just to have a tan, I mean tanning injections........... come on that can't be good for you and excessive sunbed use, is it any wonder skin cancer is on the rise!
I really love that Snow White look that a lot of celebs are going for at the mo anyway, I think Daisy Lowe pulls it off the best. So I will be ditching the fake tan and going for the pale and interesting look for the forseeable future.
Sunday, 7 February 2010
Ok so I'm new to the whole blogging thing. Kind of want to use this as a journal so that I can look back and remember the good times. My life may seem really boring compared to others but i'm quite happy how I am! Ok so a little bit about me, I'm 26 years old, live in Cornwall I work full time as a Medical Secretary at my local hospital and live for the weekends! I love baking, make-up, clothes, shoes just the same as every girl really. Well I will try and post as much as I can. Thanks for reading!