Powered by Blogger.

Another Year Over


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Sorry I haven't blogged in so long I’ve just been busy with other things (Holiday, Christmas, NYE etc...) I know that’s a lame excuse but I promise to be a better blogger in 2011.

I had a brilliant 2010 and cannot wait to see what 2011 has in store. I have already taken down my Christmas decorations as I like everything to be all fresh and new for the start of a new year, new slate and all that and plus Christmas was so last year!

I have decided to start Project 365 for 2011 which means there will be a new photo on my blog every day (hmmm we’ll see how long that lasts, but I’m gonna do my best). I’ve seen lots of other bloggers do it and thought I’d give it a go for myself.
So anyway I feel I should probably talk about my holiday to the States so I'm sorry if I waffle on a bit but it was Ah-mazing. I had such an awesome time. We started off in LA which was great. We did all the usual touristy things like the Walk of Fame, Universal Studios, tour of Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive although I have to say there wasn’t really much to do in LA.


 Rodeo Drive

 Walk of Fame
 Hollywood baby!
Waiting to do the Universal Studio Tour

 

Next stop was San Francisco which I fell in love with. We stayed at the Fishermans Wharf which was such a lovely old fashioned town and I love the fact that they still use cable cars. We cycled across the Golden Gate Bridge on my birthday which was so lovely. We also went to Alcatraz which was really atmospheric and the view of San Francisco was amazing from Alcatraz.

 Lombard street
 Fishermans wharf
 Golden Gate Bridge
Cable Car 
Starbucks gingerbread latte

Then it was off to Las Vegas. Amazing, amazing, amazing. Everywhere you looked there was something brilliant going on, all the hotels look spectacular. We stayed at Planet Hollywood and watched the Peep Show which was a show with Holly Madison in it. Did a bit of gambling but nothing massive as I kinda don’t really agree with it. We also did all the rides at Stratosphere which actually scared the living daylights out of me.

 Gambling
 Bellagio - Beautiful
 Scary rides at the top of the Stratosphere

 The Venetian
 New York New York
At the vegas sign

Lastly we went to New York City. We had such a blast there and again did the usual tourist stuff, Empire State, Rockefeller Centre, Grand Central Station, Staten Island, Battery Park, Times Square etc… We saw the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade and had a lovely walk in Central park afterwards followed by a traditional thanksgiving dinner in a restaurant called Bobby Vans which was delicious.

 Rockefella
 Charging Bull
 Times Square
 Times Square - playing with my fancy new camera
 Central Park
Central Park

I bought lots of lovely things in America. I might do a separate post on the things I bought because this is already quite lengthily. So all in all it was a brilliant holiday and I don’t know how we managed to cram so much stuff in.

Keep smiling
xxx















2 comments

  1. I'd love to go to America!!
    I know I'll be going some time soon but I can't wait!
    Lovely post!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that certainly looks like an amazing holiday - I'm rather jealous now!

    Happy new year :)

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin