Powered by Blogger.

Project 365 #184 - Banana Cake Mmmmm


Day 184 - Banana Cake Mmmmm - Isn't it amazing how the weather has such an affect on your mood.  I have been walking around on cloud 9 all weekend.  Today was very productive (another thing that happens when the weather is good).  I cut the grass in the front and back garden, sat out on the grass and read A LOT of my book, cleaned my house, made a banana cake (the recipe was at the end of a chapter of the book i'm reading) and went swimming.  Some might say i'm a little bit too chipper for a Sunday evening.

Banana cake recipe - its ridiculously simple and great for using up over ripe bananas

2 Bananas mashed
170g self raising flour sieved
170g unsalted butter
170g caster sugar
3 eggs
couple of drops of vanilla essence

Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.  Grease and line a 9 inch cake tin (I only had a square tin but it did the job)
Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs gradually, while beating.  Add the vanilla essence.  Add the flour and fold into the wet mixture.  Add the mashed banana.  Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes or until golden.

Keep Smiling
xxx

5 comments

  1. Ooh I do love a good banana cak, mmm xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this sounds lovely and looks quite simple to make too. I like simple lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I love our photos. You always focus everything well and it always looks so clear if that makes sense? I always look forward to your posts xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh thanks Laura, it's the camera that does all the work really not me haha. And likewise I feel the same about your posts, always love to see what Mr & Miss Lollipop are up to xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree photos always so clear! Inlace reading your blog posts your always so happy xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin