Powered by Blogger.

Project 365 #257 - Whoa..... were halfway there!!

Day 257 - Whoa..... were halfway there!! - Yep.... i'm quoting Bon Jovi!  Today (Wednesday) has been emotional!  Dylan came home from work at 5:30 this morning, I had to get up an hour later for work so off I trot to work, I was in a pretty good mood too as I've made it to the "Halfway House" with the pregnancy and my scan is all booked for Friday.

By 8:30am my mood has taken a massive nose dive, husband calls me to tell me he has to go to Oman for 6 weeks, his flight is on Monday and he has to travel back this evening because he needs to do a 2 day course before he goes, now this wouldn't be a problem if his base was down the road but it isn't, its 4 hours up the road.  I could hear the dissapointment in his voice that he was going to miss our babes detailed anomoly scan and it upset me because he would never have those memories of our 20 week scan and once you miss those moments you never get them back.  So after a lot of tears I decided I would do my best to see if I could have the scan today, all I can say is thank god I work in the maternity unit with the most amazing people as the obstetrician pulled a lot of strings and I managed to have the scan!!  I'm so pleased we got to share that special moment together and watching Dylan's face light up whilst watching our little one move around was the best.

So onto the fun stuff....... baby is developing well and everything is within the average rates.  We decided not to find out the sex as we want it to be a surprise and I'm hoping the fact that I don't know will give me the willpower to give it my all on labour day!


Baby Sunshine!
Awww big baby yawn
Baby leg/knee/foot

Dylan has gone back to base now for his course but were hoping to steal a couple of days on Saturday and Sunday before his flight on Monday..... yeah in your face RAF!!!

Keep Smiling
xxx

9 comments

  1. awww glad to see everything going well! clearly by the scans you can tell they are going to adorable! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halfway already! I bet it's flying by? Before you know it, he/she will be here - bet you can't wait :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help but gush every time I read posts about your baby :D It's great that you both got to see your baby, AWWWWW! <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad everything is going well :)
    I know one drawback of working in maternity though... I'm a student midwife and I am not looking forward to my friends delivering my babies ;) lol!

    Great scan pictures! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Glad you got to have your scan together :) and glad to hear that all is well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you got to experience today, together. I work in NICU and know how important these moments are for parents-to-be :) how exciting! bubba looks adorable aswell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, glad things worked out for you :) baby looks adorable, good luck in the rest of your pregnancy!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww that's so great that you got to bring the scan forward hun. I would've been crushed if Dan missed ours (still a long way to go though!) and it's lovely that Dylan now has those memories to take with him. Plus it's such a special moment for you both to share together, it would've been such a shame for you to have missed out on that.

    And your little one is already looks too gorgeous for words. Very nommy!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh it's so exciting! I can't wait to see your little baby when he/she comes into the world.xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin