Powered by Blogger.

Project 365 #274 - Getting my hair did!



Day 274 - Getting my hair did! - A new season calls for a new do, although Autumn seems to have taken a back seat whilst summer has decided to shine through for a few final days.  I decided to bite the bullet and dye my hair.  I used the loreal richesse dia color professional range in shades 7 & 7.31 mixed with the richesse developer (these are the same colours my hairdresser used on my hair back when I first had my hair dyed brunette)  It is a semi permanant hair colour which I prefer to use as it makes  recolouring easier (you don't get different root colour when doing touch ups) and is less damaging and doesn't have any of the harmful chemicals that permanent hair dye has, great for us pregnant ladies! 


I'm off to the hairdressers tomorrow (Saturday) to have a proper cut (I haven't had my hair cut in 1 1/2 years!!) so check out my next post for the finished look.  I can't wait to get pampered and get those scraggly ends cut off.


Keep Smiling
xxx


Tools of the trade
L'Oréal Professional Richesse de Diacolor in 7 & 7.31
L'Oréal Professional Richesse de Diacolor Releaser 
Vaseline (rubbed around the hair line to avoid colour staining to the skin)
Brush & Bowl
Shampoo & Conditioner of any kind, Im currently using Loreal Elvive 
Hairdryer for drying and styling 




8 comments

  1. can't wait to see the new hair!!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to see how your hair will turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you apply it to the roots first, wait, then apply to the ends, or just all ver and wait 20 mins? Also, did you apply to dry or wet hair? Thanks!

    Ps colour looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I applied it to dry hair at the roots first, I didn't wait/leave it at the root though, as soon as I had finished doing the roots I immediately applied the rest through to the ends, massaged it through a bit, piled it on top of my head and left it for 20 minutes x

      Delete
    2. Hi, me again!

      Is your developer 9 or 15 vol? Also what ratio of colour to developer did you use 1:1 or 1:1.5? My hairdresser uses 1:1.5 (50mls colour to 75ml developer). Really want to do it myself, just checking all bases as my hair is long and I really don't have time to go to the hairdressers anymore :(

      Delete
  4. I use a 9 Vol on a 1:1.5 ratio and I've never had any problems. I've saved a small fortune doing it myself. Good luck, you'll have to let me know how it turns out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I know you posted this a while ago but I just purchased the same shades (since I love the color on your hair) and now I'm curious: what ratio of shades did you use? 50% 7 and 50% 7.31?

      Delete
    2. Yep thats exactly what I used. Half of both tubes mixed together with the 9 vol. Good luck :-) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin