Powered by Blogger.

Project 365 #279 - Putting pen to paper



Day 279 - Putting pen to paper - People don't seem to write letter's in this day and age!  I always try and write to Dylan when he is away for any long period of time.  I just think there is something really exciting and special about receiving a hand written letter.  When I was at school......you know, the days before mobile phones and you used to always have 10p on you in case you needed to phone your mum from a phonebox (don't even get me started on the lack of phonebox use) I used to write letters to my friends every evening, even though I had spent the whole day with them at school I would put pen to paper and the words would literally just flow from that ballpoint pen.  So this evening I wrote a love letter to my husband..... ok i'm lying, it wasn't a love letter, just merely a letter about what me and the bumper have been up to, but it felt good. Oh and letters are free to send to the forces (via bluey) so no need for a stamp, another reason to get writing!

Keep Smiling
xxx 

6 comments

  1. Aww I remember those days before mobile phones! he he! I always used to spend my 10p on sweets! Hah!
    Hope you and bump are ok without the hubs!
    George | frecklie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for blueys :) They were my saviour in Afghan. My mum wrote every day telling me what everyone had been up to. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more :)!! I remember writing and posting letters to my friends who lived 2 streets away. You've really inspired me to write letters now, just need to work out who to :P

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the same, I used to write letters to my friends every evening. I miss those innocent days sometimes! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love letters :) I used to have tons of pen pals when I was younger and it was always so exciting to get a letter in the mailbox. Yes we should all start writting real letter more often :)

    Happy Friday,
    Niina

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post! I love getting letters too! It puts a massive smile on my face to find a letter or card from a friend on my doorstep! x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin