Powered by Blogger.

keeping mum


Another comfy outfit
Top & Vest - Topshop
Wideleg Jeans - Hollister 

Well my little man is already 1 month old and what a month it has been. I feel like I have been on cloud 9 (albeit a  very sleepy/tired cloud 9).   I can't believe how much he has changed in such a short space of time, he has already outgrown loads of his sleepsuits, he seems to be piling on the pounds rather nicely.

Every day I'm learning new things about being a mum, it is the best job ever. Here is what I have learnt so far:

-1- Breast is best - I have been fortunate enough to have a baby and breasts that just automatically know what they are doing.  It is well known that breastfeeding can be difficult but by some miracle my precious boy took to the breast like a duck to water.  I am very thankful for this.  Also breastfeeding makes you really thirsty and makes it look like i've had a boob job :-)
-2- Baby's love to be close to their mama - My Baby Bjorn has been a great purchase, Fletcher loves to be close to his mama, I wear it around the house, he falls asleep and I get to use 2 hands to do things..............its amazing.  I'm now looking into buying one of those material slings so that I can breast feed whilst wearing it.
-3- Zzzzzzzz - Its amazing how little sleep you need to survive.  I'm averaging out about 5 hours of broken sleep every night as Fletcher wakes every 1-3 hours at night for a feed.  I recommend YSL touche eclat, its doing wonders for my dark eye circles.
-4- Baby weight - Breastfeeding seriously helps you lose your baby weight without even trying.........I mean seriously.
-5- Hair loss - Yes my hair is falling out but i'm pretty sure its not all that noticeable to others
-6- Milky -  Wearing black or navy is a no no with a baby, milk gets EVERYWHERE, but thats OK because Spring has nearly sprung and I prefer colour anyway oh and I permanently smell like milk and spit up...yummy
-7- Boys Pee - Boys pee everywhere FACT.  The moment I gave birth and he was handed to me he peed all down me and when Dylan changed his first nappy he peed all over him......this made me laugh rather profusely
-8- Love - Having a son and seeing how great your husband is with him just makes me love him even more....I didn't think it was possible.  Good gosh I love you Dylan!
-9-  Fresh Air - I absolutely love taking my little Fletcher-Roo out in his pram.  I couldn't wait to take him out and show him off to the world.  I think its important to get out of the house and get some fresh air so we've been out and about lots.
-10- Go with the flow - It really is best to just go with the flow.  Every day and night brings something new and we have learnt to just go with it and learn along the way.




Being a mum is the most rewarding thing I have ever done.  Watching Fletcher grow right in front of my eyes and knowing that it is me that he is solely dependent on is an amazing feeling........can't believe I made and grew you Fletcher Roo.......go me!

Keep Smiling
xxx

15 comments

  1. You look amazing for giving birth a month ago! It really suits you - your glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy how quickly Fletcher has grown! Sound like you are a totally natural mum Sam, so glad to hear you're doing well!

    Sarah x

    www.smallestsarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! Couldn't help but smile the whole way through whilst reading. You're fab and so is gorgeous little Fletcher! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I look as good as you do when my little boys a month!! Hes so cute! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing! Fletcher looks so healthy and cute, so glad to hear everything's going brilliantly :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look perfect, he looks perfect and it all sounds super!!! Congratulations mamma!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look stunning. Yummy mummy or what! :) Glad to hear everything is going well. He's a cutie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh he's gorgeous, I'm so broody right now!
    You're looking fab too :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing! Glad both you and baby are well and keep enjoying motherhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're looking very fit and well! Fletcher is just precious. I'm so happy for you! Take care! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look gorgeous!! and so is he :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed reading this. I'm due on 30th May and while I know that is ages away, I love having an insight into what being a mummy is like. I can't wait to meet my little boy and I hope (indeed wishful thinking) that I look as good as you do a month after birth! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful baby, I love your comfy outfits, you definitely seem to be taking motherhood in your stride!

    Charlotte xx

    (Psst.. have you entered my giveaway? http://bit.ly/yHvbPd)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your baby boy is gorgeous! Congratulations!
    Really enjoyed reading this, i just had a baby girl in November so shes now nearly 4 months, they never stop changing.
    Can't wait to read more.

    www.adayinthelifeofcalleighemma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin