Powered by Blogger.

getting stuff done

Sometimes I feel like I never get anything done in a day.  I wake up with good intentions to fold my laundry, do the ironing, cut the grass, clean my bathroom etc etc etc.... and then this little bald fella called Fletcher distracts me and I end up spending hours doing silly things to make him smile and laugh and then all those chores that I've been meaning to do for days just get forgotten.......but its ok because I have a happy baby and I'll take that over a spotless house.






I've learnt that I if I want to get things done around here I have to stick to just one main chore a day rather than try and do everything in a one-er and so far over the past week I have managed to dig up the weeds in my garden, do all of my ironing, clean my bathroom, change the bed linen and puree some food for Fletch.  Yesterday's chore was cutting the grass which I managed to do just before the rain came.  Once Fletcher had gone to bed I managed squeeze in a little me-time in the form of a facemask and New Girl {it's always good to make time for yourself}.  Today's chore is to do the food shop.......yep really extreme stuff hey but as the saying goes "Rome wasn't built in a day".

Keep Smiling
xxx

6 comments

  1. This sounds like my days and i don't have a baby yet! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh your gonna love it Kerry, you waste all day just staring at your baby x

      Delete
  2. Your backyard is really lovely! And I can't get over how cute Fletcher is! Oh my goodness! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So totally know where your coming from ,seth is only 3 weeks and i know early days but struggle to get anything done he is not a big sleeper day or night wants to feed alot also wont sleep in moses basket ahh going to ikea saturday to get small cot maybe he will sleep in there plus the soother (dummy)gives me a bit of time are you feeding yourself does it get easier please say it does ha ha ? my goodness i sound a right moaner here sorryeeee, sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I remember those first few weeks really well. I felt like all I did was feed constantly (yes I am breastfeeding) and the sleep deprivation is a killer. I found carrying Fletcher around in my wrap helped to keep him happy and start a bedtime routine early (we did, bath/singing/massage/last feed in a dark room/bed). I can safely say it does just keep getting better and better though and I now find myself missing his newborn tininess, so soak it all up xx

      Delete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin