Powered by Blogger.

lately.....

I've been going crazy sorting and organising things about the house recently.  Last week I cleaned both mine and Dylan's cars inside and out, complete with new air-freshener.  I also went through our wardrobes and drawers and had a massive clear out.  Basically we went through all of our clothes and shoes and threw out anything that was:
a)  damaged
b)  faded
c)  hadn't been worn in the last year

We ended up with quite a decent size bag for the charity shops.  I then deep cleaned the inside of the wardrobe with bleach and dettol and gave it a fresh lick of white paint, let it air out for 24 hours, had a hard time sleeping through all the bleach fumes, stuck the dehumidifier in there, put all the clothes back folded neatly and then made some lavender bags to hang.





To make the lavender bags I cut circles {using a plate as a template} out of some leftover fabric I had kicking around, grabbed a handful of lavender {i bought mine from e-bay} and tied a ribbon around it and hung it from the wardrobe, simple!


These last few weeks it hit me that my baby boy is no longer a baby baby, he is a growing into such a little tiddler now and so much has happened over such a small period of time.  He started taking his first steps at 10 1/2 months and then decided to take the longest unaided walk on Christmas Day......yep that's right CHRISTMAS DAY!! It totally made up for how crap I was feeling that day I tell ya! He was a late teether and finally cut his first tooth last week, we also bought him a new "bigger boy" car seat for Christmas which he took his first ride in today and seemed genuinely thrilled to be in it.  But the icing on the cake was getting his feet measured in Clarks for his first pair of shoes today.  He flirted with the girl that measured his feet and then paraded around the shop on his own in his brand new shoes, he even got his picture taken.   I can't believe he turns 1 next month.

Keep Smiling
xxx  

2 comments

  1. I love having big clear outs. I really need to sort out my wardrobe! I would make the hanging bags but I cant stand the scent of Lavender!

    What a great couple of months you've had with the little one! Growing up so fast!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow time really flies! A least this made up for being poorly on Christmas, and a pretty good memory of Fletcher's first Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin