Powered by Blogger.

our first summer holiday


I know, I know.  Its been so long guys and I can only apologise for my sporadic blogposts these days, but lets be realistic here, this is more than likely how its gonna be from now on. I have accepted that I don't have as much time on my hands as I did previously and I hope you can accept this too.

You may or may not remember I mentioned something about booking a holiday a while ago.  Well that happened, and we spent 7 days in Alcudia, Majorca.  Holidays are SO different when you have a child. I enjoyed it in ways that I never imagined and I swear Fletcher grew up right in front of my eyes whilst we were there.  It was like he swallowed a dictionary and suddenly all these new words were falling out of his mouth.

The weather was hot but cloudy on most days but this was perfect weather for a fair skinned toddler (and mother).   Our days were mostly spent at the beach building sandcastles so that Fletcher could smash them down, pushing Fletcher down the slide from all angles {upside down, headfirst was a firm favourite) and dancing at the mini disco every night.   I relished in Fletcher's delight every day, just watching him carefree, fearless, loving life and being so confident made me feel so honored to be a mum, HIS mum!  And the enjoyment I got from seeing him so happy made up for the lack of tan I got.

We also decided to go without any internet connection for the whole time we were there and this was actually quite liberating.  I replaced checking my e-mails or social network sites with having actual conversations with my husband and reading a book, it felt fantastic to be connected to real life rather than connected to the internet!



















Now I want to book another holiday for next year.  Any recommendations very much welcomed.

Keep Smiling
xxx


5 comments

  1. That cupboard picture is adorable! Looks like a lovely family holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sandals are GORGEOUS! Brand please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, it looks lovely where you went. Could you tell me what hotel you stayed at and would you recommend it? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was the perfect first family holiday. Alcudia is lovely I can also highly recommend puerto pollensa which is the town right next door. Beautiful beaches there! We stayed at Grupotel Port d'alcudia, it had just been fully refurnished and was gorgeous!! xx

      Delete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin