Powered by Blogger.

BEATING THE JANUARY BLUES

JEANS-GAP>>SWEATER-H&M>>SCARF-H&M>>LEATHER JACKET-SUPERDRY
BOOTS-ALDO>>BEANIE-NEWLOOK
January is such an awful month isn't it.  Everyone feels the need to make resolutions to get fitter, eat healthier, yada yada yada but there is still a tub of Quality Street in your cupboard and copious amounts of chocolate coins that you still need to eat up and then its too cold to actually even think about getting your gym gear on and actually venturing out and the lack of sunlight hours just saps the life out of you its no wonder people get the January blues isn't it?  Well this year I have not let those "blues" get me and here I am 3 weeks into January and still feeling rather chipper.  Here's some tips on beating those blues

SET REALISTIC GOALS
Rather than saying you want to "give up chocolate" set an alternative goal like "try and incorporate more fruit and veg into your diet" your body is going to thank you for those extra nutrients and vitamins and so what if you have a sneaky bit of chocolate don't deprive yourself it will only make you want it more (everything in proportion)

GETTING YOUR DAILY DOSE OF SUNLIGHT
Ok so if you live in the UK you are going to be in the same boat as me.  You get up, its dark - you travel to work, its dark - you finish work, its dark - you travel home, its dark (you get the picture right).  Well actually somewhere in your day there is usually a little bit of sun so if you can get outside on your lunch break for 10 minutes do it, alternatively I like to take a vitamin D supplement or eat one of those delicious Calin yoghurts which have 100% of the recommended daily allowance of Vit D (my faves are the vanilla ones)

TAKING TIME TO RELAX
Do whatever it is you like to do to relax.  I like to have a bath and pamper myself with a face mask, manicure/pedicure, read my book, listen to one of my relaxing apps (headspace/calm/take a break) but whatever makes you feel relaxed, do it!

HAVE A BREAK FROM THE NORM
Its so easy to get stuck in a routine of EAT/SLEEP/RAVE/REPEAT (ok maybe not the rave part but you get my drift).  Break the cycle and change up your routine, go out for dinner, take a trip to the cinema, start a new hobby, play scrabble on a tuesday evening? do whatever makes you happy.

GET YOUR VITAMINS
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.  If you struggle eating fruit and veg then have you ever thought of making it into a smoothie instead, just chuck a bunch of fruit and veg into a blender whiz it around for a minute and you have a delicious drink, guzzle it down and you don't have to think about getting your "5 a day" because you just did it in a one-er!  There are lots of recipes online for smoothies.  Alternatively you could take a vitamin supplement.  I however am a big fan of Horlicks it has tons of vitamins in it and i'm pretty good at eating my  fruit and veg anyway.

GET YOUR ZZZZZZZ'S
I love my bed and I love nothing better than a really good nights sleep, it just sets you up for the day.  That being said I do sometimes struggle getting off to sleep (its usually happens right before a full moon weirdly!!) If i'm having trouble sleeping I usually find it helps if I actually get out of my bed and go into a different room and read for a while or again listen to a relaxing app on my phone I can then usually drop off after this.  I find it helps if I go to bed at the same time every night and stick to the same routine.  Our bedroom is clean and clutter free and I tend to read before bed to wind down.

MAKE PLANS
Its always nice to have something to look forward to so make plans with friends to go for dinner, go for drinks, book a holiday or a weekend away, book a massage or a haircut etc.  I'm getting my hair done next month and this excites me greatly :-)

But most importantly of all
Keep Smiling
xxx

 

 
 

2 comments

  1. Can you recommend any good relaxing apps? I've never tried these before x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the ones I've mentioned above are all fab - headspace/calm/take a break I especially like headspace as it is a 7 day programme where you set 10 minutes aside each day to be mindful and relax x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin