Please bear in mind that everyone's skin is different and what works for me may not necessarily work for you. My skin is predominantly normal with a touch of dryness and can sometimes border on the sensitive side. I have freckles and very rarely suffer from spots but do get the occasional one. I'm 30 years old so my skin isn't quite as youthful as it used to be and I do suffer from dark circles under my eyes. I prefer to use unscented products on my face because I just think they are kinder to your skin.
1. Cleanse - After my shower each morning I start off by applying Avene extremely gentle cleanser to my dry face, massage it in and rinse off with a clean flannel which has been drenched in warm running water from the tap (Do not fill your sink with water as your only putting all that dirt that you've just washed off back on your face)
2. Apply toner - I use The Body Shop hydrating vitamin E toner which I decanted into a spray bottle as so much is wasted when you pour it straight onto a cotton pad. I spray this all over my face and the blot it off slightly with a cotton pad.
3. Apply eye cream - For years I had been applying my eye cream after my moisturiser (Caroline explains this as being like putting your pants on over your trousers haha) it makes so much more sense to apply it before, it sinks straight into the skin instead of sitting on top of a layer of moisturiser. . I apply Botanics hydrating eye cream with my ring finger, gently tapping and smoothing it around my under eye area.
4. Hydraluron - I then apply this little treasure all over my face. The only way I can describe this is like silk on your face. Its a clear serum and it makes my skin feel divine, like I want to stroke it all day!
5. Day moisturiser - I finish off by gently massaging in Eucerin replenishing face cream - I'm a big fan of Eucerin, I have been using their moisturisers (of different varieties) for well over a year now with no complaints whatsoever, they are gentle and kind to skin and extremely moisturising.
1. Cleanse 1 - Two pumps of Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. This stuff is fab, I don't think anything has ever taken my make up off as good as this. The oil breaks up mascara and eyeliner with ease. I rub this straight onto my eyes to remove all my eye make up and then spread it all over the rest of my face. Rinse off with flannel (same flannel from the morning)
2. Cleanse 2 - Avene cleanser, same as morning (double cleansing to get rid of every last trace)
3. Apply toner - Body Shop Vit E as morning
4. Apply eye cream - No 7 Beautiful Skin overnight revitalising eye balm
5. Hydraluron - same as morning
6. Night moisturiser - Eucerin replenishing face cream: night
7. Lip balm - Body Shop Vitamin E lip care
Once a week I do an at home facial which basically involves cleansing, The Body Shop Microdermabrasion followed by Avene Soothing Moisture Mask and then the usual cleanse, tone, hydraluron, moisturise. I also started taking supplements nearly 2 months ago in the form of Omega 3 fish oil, Vitamin D + Calcium and Magnesium (which I take before bed as it relaxes your muscles and I'm sure it helps me sleep. Also Magnesium is supposed to help if you suffer from Migraines, which I do btw)
So there you have it. It seems like an awful lot of hassle but in the words of Caroline Hirons "you only get one face" so you might as well look after it. I hope you enjoyed this post.