Powered by Blogger.

8 YEARS





















Outfit details:-
Top/Primark>>Denim Shorts/Zara>>Necklace/Forever21>>Flip Flops/Havaianas>>Bag/H&M
Playsuit/Primark>>Sandals/Topshop>>Necklace/Forever21>>Bag/H&M

8 years.....it's a pretty long time isn't it. Well it was 8 years ago that I walked down the aisle and become a wife and this weekend we celebrated by spending a day and night in Carbis Bay and St Ives.

Fletcher was left in the safe hands of my mum whilst we enjoyed some child free time to ourselves, just the two of us, something we haven't done in a really long time. I rather annoying left my camera at home after charging the battery the whole night before so all the pictures were taken on my iPhone. 

We left home about 11am and headed straight to Carbis Bay beach where we enjoyed the golden sand and crystal clear water for a couple of hours we then checked into the Headland House which is an absolutely gorgeous boutique B&B and the owners were so lovely and accommodating. We then took the train into St Ives where we had a nice stroll around the town and walked along the pier. 

We made our way back to the B&B to freshen up before dinner (and to also have a slice of the amazing complimentary chocolate cake) and headed back to St Ives for some delicious food at The Hub. I had the pulled pork with BBQ sauce and slaw and it was a total mouth party!!  After filling our bellies we took a stroll down to Porthmeor beach and sat on the sand to watch the sunset, it was the longest day of the year and the sunset was just phenomenal. We walked back to the train station hand in hand and caught the last train back and drank hot chocolate with marshmallows and enjoyed a glass of sherry (again all complimentary) whilst watching Anchorman 2. Unfortunately I fell asleep halfway through so we still need to watch the other half. 

I woke the following morning to the smell of bacon and toast and I was not disappointed when my full English breakfast was presented to me. Our stay at Headland House was perfect. We then made our 25 minute journey home to our little dude who was delighted to see us if a little bit angry that we had left him for the evening. 

It was a perfect weekend and I fully appreciated how beautiful Cornwall really is.  It reminded me that I need to make time for my husband.  You naturally put your children first and it's so easy to forget about your marriage so I really want to make more of an effort there. It was so lovely to walk around hand in hand, have a conversation and a laugh. I'm just trying to decide what to do for our next date now? 

Keep Smiling
xxx


2 comments

  1. Looks like you two had an amazing time! The view and b&b looked gorgeous! and you looked beautiful as well, as always :) love those sandals with the bow on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Happy anniversary! x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin