Powered by Blogger.

MAY FAVOURITES

I love all the "favourites" blog posts and videos that do the rounds in the first week every month.  Thought I would give it a go myself this month.  As my blog is not specifically a beauty blog I changed it up slightly to include more than just beauty products and I'm going to try and stick to just one or two items per category.

FAVOURITES

BEAUTY/COSMETICS

Barry M//Matt White - I have quite literally lived in white polish this month and this one from Barry M hits the spot quite nicely.  Definitely needs a good quality topcoat though.

Leighton Denny//Crystal Nail File - I bought this last month and it has worked wonders for my nails.  It files them beautifully and you can file in both directions without worrying about your nails splitting and here's the best bit.....it lasts FOREVER! You should see the reviews on this thing.

Garnier BB cream//Light - I've been using this for a couple of years now and I can't speak highly enough about it. It gives a very light coverage which I like for daytime wear but it's so dewy. I just love this stuff so much!

HAIRCARE

Manic Panic//Ultraviolet - This is the most amazing product for toning hair.  I mix a tiny bit of the dye with a large amount of conditioner, whack it on my blonde bits for about 20 minutes and its like magic to brassy hair.

FASHION/ACCESSORIES

Denim shirt - I wore this shirt to death last month but it is such a versatile item of clothing and goes with just about anything.  I love that its a light wash denim, perfect for summer.

Infinity ring - I bought this in Topshop a while back and completely forgot about it, its safe to say it wasn't forgotten about for the month of May.

MOVIE/TV SHOW

Rush - We watched this movie a couple of weeks ago and when it first started I thought it was going to be really boring (it was a story about the rivalry between F1 racing drivers James Hunt and Niki Lauda) but I was pleasantly surprised and actually really enjoyed it.  Its a true story too which made it even more enjoyable.

FOOD

Rice cake/peanut butter/banana - I have suddenly developed a bit of an obsession with peanut butter (pretty sure I never even used to like the stuff) I have eaten this combination of rice cake, peanut  butter and banana every day for the last 2 weeks.  Don't even get me started on Star Bars.

SONG/ALBUM

Katy Perry//Prism - I have been listening to this non stop and actually went to see her a couple of weeks ago at the O2 in London.  My favourite songs from the album are walking on air and legendary lovers.

BLOG

LilyLovesLola - I have been following Victoria's blog forever and it is still one of my favourites.  She has just come back from a holiday in Florida and I have really enjoyed all her holiday posts.  Beautiful, genuine girl with 2 pugs a boyfriend called Jonathan and a great wardrobe.  Check her out if you haven't already!

RANDOM

Piano - I have a Piano!!! I am so excited about this.  I started playing the piano aged 7, had lessons for 7 years, got to Grade 5, turned 14 and decided that playing the piano wasn't cool anymore.  The good news is, its like riding a bike.  You never forget how to read music and I can still play my grade 5 pieces.  I can't wait for Christmas - Carols and mulled wine by the piano YES.

I hope you've enjoyed this rather late favourites post.  I'm going to try and make this a regular occurrence (hopefully I'll get my June Favourites up in the first week of July!)

Keep Smiling
xxx

4 comments

  1. Hello dear, I nominated you in the Sunshine Blog Awards and here is the link to my post http://tootsiejean.blogspot.com/2014/06/sunshine-blog-awards.html

    Thank you for bringing sunshine in the blogging world!
    -Tootsie Jean
    tootsiejean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thank you very much. So kind of you to think of me x

      Delete
  2. Thanks again for this, so sweet <3

    I've been taking piano lessons for 6 months and am desperate for a piano! (I practice on a keyboard) Even second hand ones are so expensive! Waahh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep looking, something will come up. It was pure luck that I even managed to find mine, I was only browsing through the free local paper that got pushed through the door and I saw an ad saying "Piano free to a good home" I figured my home was as good as any! I will warn you though they are REALLY heavy, I mean REALLY REALLY heavy. It took 3 men to move mine. Keep up the lessons, its a lovely instrument to learn. x

      Delete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin