Powered by Blogger.

A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE FOR THE BODY SHOP

Let me first start by saying this is NOT a sponsored post I just really love The Body Shop and wanted to share the love.

I will never forgot the first time I spent my pocket money on beauty items.  I remember walking into The Body Shop after being lured in by that recognisable smell.  I even remember what I bought.....clear lipgloss//clear mascara//brown eyeliner//teatree facial wash.  I was about 12/13 at the time and I remember feeling really pleased with my purchases.  And lets not forget good old White Musk eau de toilette, I bought that a fair few times in my teens along with Dewberry and Ananya.

A couple of decades later and my love for The Body Shop remains.  I love that they always have great offers and the girls that work in my local shop in Truro are REALLY lovely.  And lets not forget that they are against animal testing, support community fair trade, protect the planet and are environmentally friendly.

I thought I would share a few of my favourites


Body Care - The body butters are my absolute favourite.  They are so moisturising and leave a lovely scent.  Im not sure if it really made any difference but I applied this to my belly every day when I was pregnant and didn't get one single stretch mark!  I think I've tried nearly every scent but I ALWAYS repurchase coconut and the scent really does linger on your skin all day.  I really love the fruitiness of Satsuma and Olive is a really lovely subtle scent.

For a lighter moisturiser I like the Shea Body Whip.  I would say Shea is my all time favourite scent from the Body Shop.  I had the travel size shower gel and moisturiser in my hospital bag when I gave birth to Fletcher so it always reminds me of THAT shower I had straight after giving birth when I felt and smelt amazing!
Skincare - I cannot stress enough how much I love the Body Shop skincare products.  The above 3 are my skin saviours.  The Camomile cleansing oil removes every last scrap of make up no problem.  I decant the Vitamin E hydrating toner into a spray bottle and spray it onto my face after cleansing and its so light and refreshing with a lovely fresh subtle scent.  The Vitamin E overnight serum oil is like silk (i've spoken about my love for this previously). I love it, you should all go and buy it!


Cosmetics - Pink Ginger 14 is my favourite lipstick ever.  It is such a lovely colour that really suits my skintone.  Unfortunately they don't seem to make it anymore and I only have one more back up......please make it again Body Shop!!
The eyeshadow in Vanilla Cream 13 is a really lovely matte base colour which can be used under ANY other eyeshadow.  Again this is another product that they have discontinued but Im pretty sure "sand on me" from their colour crush range is just the same.

Do you have any Body Shop favourites that you would like to share?  I hear the seaweed collection is really popular for combination/oily skin.

Keep Smiling
xxx

2 comments

  1. I really love their BB cream. Nicely tinted and good coverage. I wouldn't go anywhere without make up but I can wear this with a bit of powder for a "casual" day if I'm just popping out to the shops or something.

    Also remember spending many hours in there as a young teen - I was obsessed with green apple shower gel! Also remember those melty bath bead things they used to do. So 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word BATH BEADS!!!! They were the best, I also remember apple shower gel and the tiny little pots of perfume oils I remember buying Strawberry and it was ridiculously sweet! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin