Powered by Blogger.

2015 GOALS

I'm not making any resolutions this year instead I'm going to set myself some goals for the coming year.  Last year my main goal was to save up enough money to buy a new car and after a full hard year of saving I finally bought a car at the end of December.  It really is quite satisfying when you achieve a goal that you've set.

Let me introduce you to BIG BERTHA!!



ISN'T SHE GORGEOUS!!

This year I would like to:

GO BACK TO COLLEGE
Last year I hated my job so much to the point where I would have walked out if I hadn't needed the money so bad.  I have done a lot of thinking these past few months and have decided I need a complete change.  I want to be in a job that I enjoy. I've worked for the NHS for 13 years and as a Medical Secretary for 9 and I just don't enjoy what I do. I've always had a love of beauty, hair and make up and so this year I will be enrolling on a beauty therapy NVQ course.  Even if nothing comes out of it and I continue to work for the NHS for the next 13 years at least I will always have it to fall back on.

LOOK AFTER MYSELF
In July last year I started Kayla Itsines BBG and the results were amazing, not just physically but mentally too.  I felt amazing inside and out.  I'm always very careful about what I put into my body, very rarely drinking alcohol, never smoking and making healthy meal choices and I want to continue to do so. I also want to make more ME TIME, even if it just means a nice soak in the bath, getting my nails done, a facial or just going for a walk. 

MANAGE DIABETES 
Fletcher was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in July last year and it completely turned our world upside down.  We've come a long way in the last 6 months though and have been lucky enough to get Fletcher onto the insulin pump which has made life with diabetes that little bit easier.  My aim this year is to let him lead a completely normal life like any other toddler whilst maintaining his blood sugar levels and keeping him as healthy as possible.

READ MORE
I always forget how much I love getting into a book.  I think I managed to read 3 books last year which is appalling.  I'm hoping I can read a lot more books this year.  

LOOK AFTER MY HAIR
Last year I bleached the crap out of my hair to get the ombre look but this year I am laying off the hair dye completely.  I have decided to just grow my colour out and give my natural colour a chance.  I'm also trying to lay off the heat and just get the general condition of my hair better with weekly treatments and regular trims.

LOVE & FAMILY 
I want to make sure everyone I love knows how much I love them especially my husband.  Dylan and I have been together for 12 years and married for 8.  I think its important to keep the flame alive and I want to make an effort to have a Date Night once a month.  We are due to go on a family holiday to Greece in May this year which I am really looking forward to.  Family is really important to me.

Keep Smiling
xxx



3 comments

  1. I'm sooo happy you're blogging daily again! I love your blog...I've been reading since before you had Fletcher which seems crazy! Like the idea of committing to more 'me time'...think I'll join you for that one :) happy new year! Soph x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic goals for this year - I hope you are successful in every one! And good luck in keeping that lovely Big Bertha clean ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound like brilliant goals, I may write myself a similar list to this xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin