Powered by Blogger.

HUMMINGBIRD WHITE CHOCOLATE AND CRANBERRY COOKIES

Today was cold, wet, windy and just generally miserable. Fletcher went to visit his new nursery today.  We are hoping to get him started over the next couple of weeks just for 1 morning to begin with and then by the time he gets his 15 hours (in April) he should be nicely settled.  It turns out he absolutely loved it and didn't want to leave so hopefully we wont have any problems when it comes to actually leaving him there.

The weather got worse as the day went on so we did the only thing that you can do when the weather is bad and that is BAKE.  I already had the ingredients for the Hummingbird white chocolate and cranberry cookies as I had planned to bake them over Christmas but never got around to it.

I love how simple cookies are to make and believe me when I say these were seriously amazing.








Ingredients 
135g unsalted butter
80g caster sugar
80g soft light brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
190g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
100g dried cranberries
60g white chocolate

Method
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.  Line baking sheets with baking paper
2. Cream together the sugar and butter using a mixer or handheld mixer, break in the egg and vanilla essence and mix well.
3. Sift together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and bicarbonate of soda then add to the creamed mixture in 2 batches until a dough forms.
4. Roll dough into balls (about 2tbsp in size) and place on baking sheets.  Spread them out about 4-5 balls per tray (they do spread so be careful with your spacing)
5. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes (I find 16 minutes is perfect).  Leave to cool and then enjoy.

I like to eat my cookies when they are still slightly warm because they have a slightly gooey texture.  I rate the Hummingbird recipes very highly.  I am yet to make anything from their books that doesn't taste delicious and it is the baking book I reach for most often.  I highly recommend.

Keep Smiling
xxx  





No comments

I love reading your comments ♥

awin