Powered by Blogger.

KAYLA ITSINES BBG|MY EXPERIENCE


If you follow me on Instagram then you'll know that I started Kayla Itsines 12 week Bikini Body Guide back in August last year. I had seen Kayla's profile on Instagram and noticed that a few others that I follow had started her fitness guide and the results were just incredible. So I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and started the guide along with my sister and a friend.

I just want to get a few things straight, in no way did I start the guide to lose weight, I am 100% happy with my size and always have been. I was looking to gain some definition and tone up some wobbly areas. Now I fully expected that my physical health would improve but what I wasn't expecting from this guide was the improvement on my mental/emotional health. Baring in mind Fletcher had just been diagnosed with diabetes right before I started the guide, it was a pretty rough time for me.  I'm sure the regular release of endorphin's kept my mind clear of all the rubbish and focused on the important things. I'm quite a worrier and tend to get anxious about what the future will bring and although I still worry about Fletcher's future I don't dwell on it (my mindfulness practice really helps me to focus on the present)

The guide is a combination of circuits 3 times a week and low intensity steady state (LISS) cardio 3 times a week with one 10 minute high intensity interval training (HIIT) once a week. I completed the 12 week guide in November and continued to repeat weeks 9-12 afterwards but allowing myself a break for my birthday and also over Christmas and the New Year. Here is my progress over the 12 weeks.



I will say that this guide has really pushed me to my limits like nothing else ive ever done before. I worked muscles I didn't realise I had and I spent most of the first weeks walking around with aching muscles but I will say that I definitely noticed a change in my capability and strength by week 8. 

I can't thank Kayla enough for the amazing impact she has had on my health both physically and mentally. Such an inspirational woman at such a young age.  I really do recommend her guides, go check out her website for details on how to purchase the BBG and check out everyone elses progress pics, the results speak for themselves really.

Thanks for reading.

Keep Smiling
xxx  

9 comments

  1. I'd love it if you'd blog about your mindfulness practice one day soon. Do you meditate? Looking amazing by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll have to get a blogpost up on how I practice mindfulness. A good start to for you would be to download the Headspace App - All it takes is 10 minutes a day to clear your mind. You can practice mindfulness anywhere at any time. Its just about being totally present in the moment x

      Delete
  2. First thing I thought looking at those pictures is Crikey! You look so fit and toned. Glad you feel better and happier whilst doing it too :)

    Ohhellojo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. I do feel so much better for it xx

      Delete
  3. congratulations on such amazing progress!! hard work does pay off!! Also, i wanted to thank you for introducing me to her, after i saw on instagram your before and after, i immediately purchased the guides and i couldnt be happier! it's anything like i have tried before and it's for all of us "normal peeps" out there. Thank you again! have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great!! I'm so glad I inspired you to get the guides. They really are amazing aren't they, and they can be adjusted to fit around your life (I do the workouts on different days to what is set out in the actual guide) Keep it up xx

      Delete
  4. You are such an inspiration, you've had a lot to deal with lately but have still been motivated and look fantastic for it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you look amazing Sam! Did you follow the eating plan too? I'm looking to tone up but, like you, don't want to lose any weight x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Just wondering if the workouts are hard for beginners? and are the meals nice? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin