Powered by Blogger.

MY WINTER SAVIOURS

The nights are darker, your skin is drier, your feet are freezing, your mood is low...... Sound familiar?   January is an especially hard month on the best of us.  All the excitement of Christmas is over, pay day feels like FOREVER away, the cold and dark days start to make you feel a little low.

Well here are a few little things helping me through the cold winter months.



MOISTURISER- My skin sucks this stuff up like a sponge in winter.  The Body Shop body butters are by far my absolute favourite and I'm a repeat offender for the coconut one.

TEA- OK so tea actually gets me through the whole of the year but it is especially nice to pop the kettle on when you've come in from the cold.

WARM BATHS - I love nothing more than a nice warm bath in the evening to get you ready for bed and they're even better if you crumble a Lush bubble bar or plonk a bath bomb in.  I quite often stick one of my meditation apps on as well

FRESH FLOWERS - There is nothing better than a bouquet of flowers to brighten a room and your day (especially if its raining)  I buy a bunch every week for my kitchen and lounge.

WRAPPING UP - I feel the cold really bad, I always have done and so it is really important that I wrap up when I venture out into the cold.  Scarves, gloves, hats and earmuffs are all winter essentials for me.  In fact I've been looking into getting some sheepskin gloves because they keep your fingers toasty.

FLUFFY SOCKS/SLIPPERS - Couldn't be without either of these, I can't stand having cold feet.

SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO - It is always good to have something to look forward to in the future no matter how big or small it is.  I'm catching up with friends and have a visit to the beauty salon next week and then a holiday to Greece in May with my family.

FAMILY - Last but by no means least my family.  The most important people in my life.  Having a toddler around the place is awesome for keeping your spirits high.  Fletcher comes out with the funniest things, it's difficult not to be happy around him.

What keeps you going throughout the winter?

Keep Smiling
xxx

1 comment

  1. Great photos and commentary! It is SO important to keep one's spirits up during the cold dark months! Buying flowers every week sounds like the perfect indulgence to keep your home bright and cheerful-looking.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin