Powered by Blogger.

MENSWEAR 2015 || TRENDS THAT I LOVE


I was recently invited to share my thoughts on the latest menswear trends. I'm always sharing women's fashion and trends that I'm loving so it's nice to talk about menswear for a change.

Shirts and Stripes


SHIRTS

Top of my list is shirts and who doesn't love a man in a shirt. It instantly smartens any look. I love both bold patterns and also a plain simple style. Shirts are so versatile too, they can be dressed up for smart occasions with a tie, suit trousers, some cuff links and a pair of smart shoes or dressed down with jeans, shorts or trainers for day time. I'm also a big fan of the shirt under a jumper look, which is my husbands "go to" look. 

STRIPES

Stripes are such a classic look. They never go out of style. I love a white tee with some nice colourful stripes thrown in. And stripes aren't just limited to tops, there are some really great stripe shorts out there or if your not feeling that brave you could liven up plain shorts or trousers with a striped belt. 
Menswear-Chinos and Slimline Trousers

CHINOS [TROUSERS/SHORTS]

Another of my favourite trends. Chinos for men definitely seem to be sticking around and I think they look really great in the spring/summer rolled up with a pair of sandals or flip flops (I also like them styled this way for women too). I really love the chino short in pastel shades paired with a simple striped or plain t shirt. I can imagine them looking great in a pastel blue colour with just a plain white t-shirt. 

SMART SLIMLINE TROUSERS 

A classic smart pair of trousers should be in every mans wardrobe. Dylan went out of his comfort zone recently and purchased a couple of pairs of trousers in this style from Zara. It makes a nice change to jeans every day. I love this style in classic colours such as black/grey/navy. 

Menswear-The Quilted Jacket

QUILTED JACKET 

The quilted jacket has been a big hit over the last couple of years and I must admit they do look very smart and the trend doesn't see to be disappearing any time too soon. I personally like them in black or navy and Barbour do the best ones in my opinion. 

I couldn't upload a blogpost on menswear without including my own man could I. So here is Dylan in a classic shirt with slimline trousers pulling his best Derek Zoolander (Blue Steel) pose and I've gotta say he looks pretty damn fine if I do say so myself. It was so nice to be the one behind the lens for a change instead of nagging him to take outfit pictures for me. 




Shirt c/o House of Fraser||Slimline Trouser-Zara||Shoes-Vans||Sunglasses-Rayban

I hope you enjoyed hearing about my menswear faves.  I think my model did a great job! I would love to know what your favourites are.  All items in this post are linked.

Keep Smiling
xxx








No comments

I love reading your comments ♥

awin