Powered by Blogger.

THE KYLIE JENNER LIP AND A DUPE FOR MAC WHIRL

Eurrrrgh my hands are horrible

Kylie Jenner's lips have been the talk of the town for quite some time now.  Did she/didn't she get surgery, I'm actually not that bothered, all I wanted to know was what the hell that gorgeous nude shade was on her lips.  Word on the street is that  her favourites are MAC lip liner in Whirl and also MAC lipstick in Velvet Teddy both of which are sold out EVERYWHERE!  So imagine my astonishment when I happened to be surfing the internet and came across Velvet Teddy on the House of Fraser website and it was in stock, I couldn't believe my luck so very quickly put it in my shopping basket and didn't even care that I had to pay for delivery (something I usually really hate).

Unfortunately I haven't had as much luck getting hold of Whirl lip liner but I discovered recently that I actually do already own the perfect dupe for this.  The Body Shop 02 Beech  its only £8 too (good old Body Shop) It compliments Velvet Teddy perfectly.  Now obviously I don't own Whirl so I can't do an actual comparison but after viewing swatches on Google images i'd say its a pretty darn perfect match and a really convincing dupe for Whirl.

I wore both together today and really loved how well they went together. Velvet Teddy is super matte so I would definitely recommend prepping your lips first, I do this by brushing a dry toothbrush over my lips to get the dry skin off and then dabbing some lip balm as a base.This colour combo definitely has a 90's feel about it, I love it when trends come back around again, lets just hope the UV hair mascara stays back in the 90's were it firmly belongs though hey, I don't think I'm ready to relive that.  

So if you are dying to get your hands on Velvet Teddy, don't give up, just keep checking the internet and I'm sure eventually it will turn up again.  If you're struggling to get hold of Whirl then you should give The Body Shop a whirl (see what I did there).

Keep Smiling
xxx  

1 comment

  1. You need to try NYX Mauve lipliner. its a great dupe also, and even cheaper than the bodyshop dupe.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin