Powered by Blogger.

A WEEKEND I'D RATHER FORGET


Sorry these are the only snippets of my weekend this week as it was a pretty bad one.  Don't get me wrong, the weather was beautiful and my daffodils smelt amazing but my poor little boy spent the best part of the weekend hypo with no explanation really.

It got pretty scary on Friday when it took 4 hours to finally bring his bloods back to a good enough level. We almost had to inject him with Glucagon (which is a gigantic needle filled with fast acting sugar, almost like an adrenaline shot btw) we even got the needle out ready to stick it in his leg when one last check of his bloods confirmed he had gone back up to target!  Saturday and Sunday was spent pretty much the same, in hypo hell, checking his blood a million times a day, running out of blood test strips and having to make an emergency visit to Boots 24hr pharmacy, checking him every 2 hours through the night. I got a bit teary and ridiculously anxious about the whole situation and ended up making myself poorly on Monday and today and had to take time off work, something that I NEVER do!  To date I have only had 3 days off sick in the last 14 years!............I know, I deserve an award or something!! My mum looked after me today and brought me tea and toast in bed and looked after Fletcher whilst I got some rest. Mum's are the best aren't they.  I don't know what I would do without mine.

Thankfully I'm feeling much better now as is Fletcher after seeing his paediatric endocrinologist yesterday and making lots of changes to his insulin levels.  Its back to work for me tomorrow and hopefully life can start to feel normal for us all again.  Dylan has been amazing the last couple of days.  He literally looked after the both of us yesterday and had to do everything as I just needed to be in bed and I know he feels just as exhausted as I do, so thanks to my wonderful husband, you're pretty amazing.

Keep Smiling
xxx

1 comment

  1. Life just loves throwing us curve balls hey! You and Dylan are strong though and little fletcher has the best parents and I am proud to call you one of my best friends! Lots of love hun (see you Friday for pizza and giggles) XXX

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin