Powered by Blogger.

SPRING STAPLES

So with spring in full swing and the start of British Summer Time a lot of us are thinking about updating our wardrobes, I know I am anyway, I spent last Sunday sorting through all of my clothes, throwing away any old pieces, putting my winter knits in the loft, donating to charity and making a list of items that I need (new bikini, black pumps, black flip flops, skater skirt, backpack). I love looking at other blogs and Pinterest to get style ideas I get so inspired by others.

Pajama pants-H&M || Blue jeans-Majorca||White jeans-Topshop||Coral jeans-Gap
Shorts-Zara||Red stripe tshirt-H&M||Blue stripe top-Topshop
Both tshirts-H&M||Both vests-Primark
Embroidered top-Forever21||Broderie shirt-Fat Face*
Midi Skirt-Fat Face*||Floral dress-Dorothy Perkins||Culottes-ASOS||Denim Shorts-Zara

My spring style staples for 2015 include:

Jeans in light and bright shades
Pajama pants
Basic tees/vests to be worn with everything 
Sleeveless top/shirt
Stripes, stripes and more stripes 
A pretty print midi skirt 
Denim shorts 
A cute pair of culottes 
A basic floral dress 

I think it's important to have some key pieces in your wardrobe which can easily be transitioned from day to night with the right kind of accessories or make up.  With that in mind, here are 2 looks which feature the same items of clothing but with added accessories to take the look to another level for the evening. Isn't it amazing how you can completely change a look by just by adding something simple like a nice pair of earrings, a bold red lip or changing your hair up.
Midi Skirt-Fat Face*||Crop top-Topshop||Sandals-H&M

How gorgeous is this skirt? The midi skirt was a big hit last year and it appears the trend is still sticking around. I like to break the rules and wear blue with black so I paired the skirt with a little black crop top tucked in and some black sandals.

Heels-Dorothy Perkins||Necklace-Forever21

For the evening I added a red lip, a bright yellow necklace, some blue heels and a little blue flower in my hair.  Heels really bring this outfit to life and the yellow necklace injects a nice pop of colour.

I love bright coloured jeans and love anything in the colour coral as it makes me look more tanned than I actually am.  As the jeans are the statement I think this beautiful white broderie shirt compliments the jeans perfectly.  The detail on the shirt is so pretty.  I've tied the shirt up at the bottom for a relaxed daytime feel and kept footwear simple with these little light denim vans.
For the evening look I loosely curled my hair, added some tan heels, a coral lip (to match the jeans) and a colourful bangle.

I am so excited for Spring/Summer this year, I am most definitely ready for some warm sunshine in my life. Its the best mood booster.  What trends are you loving this year?  What are your key items of clothing that you can't live without?

Keep Smiling
xxx




1 comment

  1. I have those jeans! Love them for all times of the year for a splash of color!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin