Powered by Blogger.

WEEKEND SNIPPETS

It would seem I did a whole lot of baking and eating this weekend, and this post doesn't even include the HUGE takeaway burrito I had on Friday night.  On Friday Dylan surprised me with a day off so we had a breakfast date whilst Fletch was at preschool.  We went to Red River Cafe at Heartlands which is an old mining site with a gorgeous Cornish Engine House.  The restaurant is based in the Old Carpenters Workshop and they serve a really delicious breakfast using local produce.  It was yum but the only thing it was missing was baked beans.  Friday evening my wonderful sister and bro in law had Fletcher for the night so that Dylan and I could spend some quality time together.  We literally haven't had a whole evening just the two of us since Fletch was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes so it was a magical moment for us to be able to go out and do what we want for the evening and have a lie in TOGETHER!!  We decided to go to Habaneros in Falmouth for a takeaway burrito and it was sooooo good.  We drove to Falmouth Point and ate them in the car whilst watching the stars and the boats and then finished off the evening with a hot chocolate at Gylly Beach Cafe.  PERFECT.


Saturday saw us baking.  Dylan made Christmas cake I made Brains!!  I used the recipe from Tesco magazine.  I think they look really effective, unfortunately they don't taste the best, they almost taste a bit like metal.........not great!

Sunday was a lazy day.  I met up with my lovely friend Jo in the morning and then spent the afternoon in Homebase buying plants for my bathroom after being inspired by Pinterest!  I also painted my beautiful nieces nails as she was due to go on holiday the following day, and I'm always keen to practice my manicures on anyone and everyone.

I hope you all had wonderful weekends.  Sorry this post is late, I can never find the time anymore!

Keep Smiling
xxx
  

No comments

I love reading your comments ♥

awin