Powered by Blogger.

2016 GOALS

I hope you all  had a wonderful New Year.  I didn't even make it to midnight, I like my sleep too much!


I don't like to put too much pressure on myself when it comes to making resolutions, that's why I tend to use the word loosely and prefer to give myself goals to aim towards.

If i'm being totally honest I only really have 2 goals:

1. To look after myself 
2. To love and appreciate my family and friends.

By look after myself I mean as a whole, so physically, mentally, emotionally.  This includes fitness, food, beauty, mindfulness, taking time for myself, and most importantly reducing my stress levels.

FITNESS
If you follow my Instragram you'll know that I am an avid fan of Kayla Itsines work out programme and have been continuing with her guides for almost 18 months now with some pretty amazing results.  I plan to continue with this programme with some yoga and Zumba thrown in for good measure.

Nothing motivates me more than working out in bright vibrant clothing and If you're planning on getting some fitness into your life for 2016 and you need some new gym gear, before you go running to your nearest sports store take a little look in Fat Face, they have just released a rather gorgeous selection of activewear which I am modelling for you here and I can confirm it is both comfortable and practical.  All is available online HERE and in store now.

All items are soft and lightweight and the colours and prints are so vibrant and eye catching.  I'm a huge fan of anything neon so the orange tops are right up my street.  I am absolutely in love with the bottoms, they fit perfectly and the high waist line is so flattering.

All activewear available from Fat Face*

FOOD
I also want to pay a little more attention to what I am putting into my body and try and make healthier choices (I bought chia seeds for the first time last week!). I only ever really drink alcohol at Christmas or my birthday so I will continue to do this I also don't smoke and I don't plan on taking up this habit any time soon either!  One thing I definitely need to do is up my intake of water and I really want to get as much fruit and veg into my diet as possible, I think I need to just create new habits.



BEAUTY
If all goes to plan I should complete my Beauty Therapy Level 2 course in July.  I have learnt so much from this course and can't wait to actually get into the business.  I'm hoping to move onto the level 3 course this year.  In the meantime though I will continue to use my skills on my friends and myself to make the best of what I've got.  I was lucky enough to get an LED lamp and gel polish for Christmas and an eyebrow shaping tool all which I shall be putting to good use.  I just need to get a wax pot and then I won't ever need to visit a salon again!

MENTAL HEALTH
I'm a massive fan of mindfulness and have found it really helps me to stay calm and focused on the important things in life.  My favourite app for mindfulness is hands down Headspace. Just taking 10 minutes out of your day to focus on your breathing and just being in the present moment, its so simple but so effective.

SLEEP
I plan to get more of it! I'm going to aim for 10pm on "School Nights" and I want to switch all technology off at least 30 minutes beforehand and read a book instead.


FAMILY & FRIENDS
I really want to spend more time with my friends and family throughout 2016.  Dylan is due to move back to Oxfordshire in February with work and will be back to working shifts again which means he'll be away from home a lot more.  I plan to make our time together extra special.  I do find that I appreciate our time together more when he's away from home.  I do worry how Fletcher is going to cope with his daddy being away so much though, he is a real daddy's boy.  We'll make it work though, there's always FaceTime!

I definitely want to host more get together's with my friends and family this year.  Im thinking dinner parties through the cold months and plenty of BBQ's in the warmer months, afternoon tea parties, slumber parties, movie nights you name it I want to host it!!

Thanks for reading.  I would love to hear your resolutions/goals for 2016

Keep Smiling
xxx




1 comment

  1. The Activewear looks great! I really want to get back into working out, and need to purchase some more clothes to wear whilst doing so. Good luck with your resolutions.

    Anna - http://annasreflection.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin