Powered by Blogger.

DAY OFF

Today was just what I needed.........a day off!!  I hadn't realised how much I needed it until I had it.  I had just been plodding along at work getting myself more and more stressed out about the workload and totally forgot to take some time out for myself.  So today I had the nicest day with the nicest company - my little Fletch!!  He was the best companion and it was so nice to just do something together.  On our journey to pre-school this morning I told him we could bake this afternoon when I pick him up.  He was delighted with this news and literally threw his apron on as soon as he came back through the door, the kid loves to bake!

I had a couple of extremely ripe bananas that needed to be used so it was the perfect excuse to make banana loaf, plus its super easy.  Fletch had a blast mashing the banana up and I like to make things educational so I had him looking out for numbers when we were measuring the ingredients.  I used the recipe from my trusty Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook and it turned out great.

This evening I had Beauty School and literally had my whole face waxed........I shit you not!  We each had to do a lip and chin wax but I have quite a lot of fluff on the sides of my cheeks (downy hair), it has never bothered me because it is so light and fine but I thought I might as well have it removed.  So I now have a very smooth fluff free face.  You should have seen how red my face looked straight after, it was rather amusing!  Hair is such a pain in the ass isn't it.  

Keep Smiling
xxx

1 comment

  1. That banana bread looks amazing! We baked a lot over Christmas, but have lots of packets of biscuits and things to eat up and then we'll start baking again! Will have to get that Hummingbird Bakery cookbook sometime. I have a couple of Primrose Bakery books - I love their chocolate cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin