Powered by Blogger.

HOW I MAINTAIN MY FIGURE

I get asked quite a lot how I stay so slim.  I honestly don't know the real answer.  I think its a mixture of good genes, eating well, working out and generally being an energetic person.  But I thought I'd break down what I do personally to maintain my figure and you can take from it what you wish.

Good Genes
Let me start by saying I am naturally slim, I always have been, in fact all of my family are so I think I most definitely have good genes on my side.  Growing up I was always the spangly one with whipper snapper legs and a chest like a boy (not much has changed).  I absolutely loved sport at school and actually took it as one of my GCSE subjects along with all of my friends.  We were all into sport.
You Are What You Eat
This is such a true statement.  I most definitely notice when i've eaten bad because I feel it the next day.  I will feel tired, sluggish and bloated and my skin usually looks dull or breaks out.  I do try to think about what i'm putting into my body. Monday-Friday I make more of an effort to eat well and then I allow myself a couple of treats at the weekend (everything in moderation).

Breakfast - always start my day with a big bowl of porridge with almonds, sultanas,banana and cinnamon and a cup of decaff coffee.  I snack on fruit my favourites being grapes, satsumas, blood orange (obsessed with them at the moment, they are so juicy) kiwi, pineapple. I'm also a big fan of dried fruit & nut mix, blueberry Special K Biscuit Moments and am quite partial to a square or 2 of Lindt dark chocolate.

Lunch is usually either soup (I love the fresh ones), a ham sandwich, salt & black pepper crackers or fruit loaf.  I sometimes have a packet of crisps or rice cakes depending on how I feel. I have low fat yoghurt on most days.

Dinner can be anything from chicken pasta arabiatta, spag bol, cottage pie, enchiladas, fajitas, chicken curry, sweet potato fries, beans on toast.  I always try to use wholewheat varieties of pasta and rice.I very rarely have dessert but will sometimes have a handful of nuts and a couple of squares of dark chocolate later in the evening.

The only difference at the weekend is that I treat myself to a croissant for breakfast with jam and have dessert after my Sunday Roast.  
Fitness 
If you follow my Instagram you will know I follow Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide.  I bought it in the summer of 2014 and have been doing it ever since.  I have both BBG1 and BBG2 but if i'm being totally honest I prefer BBG1 as I feel I get the best results from this.  It is basically a 28 minute circuit with 8 different exercises. There is a free 7 day trial via her website  which should give you an idea of what to expect.  There are 3 workouts a week and then 2 LISS (low intensity steady state) sessions, I usually go for a 40 minute walk but I've had to omit some of my LISS sessions due to my Beauty Course.

The BBG works for me because I can do it from home, all you need is a couple of handheld weights, a mat, a medicine ball. skipping rope and a chair/step.  It's only 30 minutes out of my day and the results are incredible, all you need to do is look on her Instagram profile to see the lives that this girl has changed.

Please feel free to ask any questions in the comments and I will do my best to answer them.

Keep Smiling
xxx



2 comments

  1. Love this post! Genes are no doubt a huge part of it, and a lot of people don't realize that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam can you get these workouts on dvd ? x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin