Powered by Blogger.

BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

My little man turned 4 on Wednesday 3rd February.  I took the week off work as it was also Dylan's first week back at Brize Norton so he wouldn't be there for his actual birthday.  I spent the whole day on Tuesday baking 24 cupcakes for him to take into Pre School and a 3 tier chocolate birthday cake (it's what he wanted).  I'm not complaining though, it was nice to dust off the Kitchenaid as I hadn't used it in a while and I do love baking.  Both recipes were from my trusty Hummingbird Bakery book.  I used the vanilla cupcake recipe for the cupcakes and the chocolate cupcake recipe for the cake and it all turned out great. Fletcher wanted Go Jetters on the top of his cake so I spent the evening searching for pictures on the internet and cutting out the characters and sticking them to cocktail sticks. I was really rather pleased with the end result.

He was so excited on the morning of his birthday.  We facetimed daddy in the morning so we both got to watch him open his present from us, a red ukulele which he was thrilled about. He was even more excited to take his cupcakes into Pre School for his class mates. That afternoon we played in the garden with his new bubble machine and then at about 4pm the doorbell rang and who should be stood on the other side of the door........DADDY!!  Best birthday present ever, he came home early!!  We had a lovely little tea party in the evening with all our family and Fletch finished the day off with a lush bathbomb - he loves them as much as his mama.

On Saturday we took him to Country Skittles for a party with all his friends and he had the time of his life bowling, playing air hockey, Mario Kart and hanging out and laughing with his best mates.  It was just perfect!

Keep Smiling
xxx


1 comment

  1. The Hummingbird Bakery cupcake recipe is the best! Happy Birthday Fletcher :)

    Caz | This is Caz

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin