Powered by Blogger.

THE PERFECT BASE



The search is over, I have found the ultimate base for my make up. I find that the combination of these products leaves me with the most natural, glowy, cake free base ever.  


Lets start  from the beginning and the first base layer that I apply to my skin - This EE cream is the bomb, i've mentioned my love for it in a previous post so I won't bore you too much with the details but in summary it evens my skintone, provides SPF 30 and gives me that dewy glow that I'm always looking for.

Moving onto foundation.  This is quite a recent purchase and is something that I am loving to death. I've obviously heard a lot about Estee Lauder Double Wear being a fantastic foundation but I tend to shy away from very thick coverage, always opting for either a tinted moisturiser or a sheer formulation foundation but when I recently visited my local Estee Lauder counter in Boots the lovely lady colour matched the DW light with my skin and gave me a little sample to take away (along with the new Muse Rouge perfume which is divine btw).  I used it for a week, fell in love and then purchased it.  Its everything I could ever want from a foundation, lightweight, buildable, perfect shade and not at all cakey.

This concealer goes on like a dream and is literally the ONLY under eye concealer that doesn't go all crepey on me.  No cakey eyes here thank you!

Next up is contour and I've been reaching for my Clinique chubby stick on a daily basis. You don't need much as the colour pay off is pretty amazing, I can see this lasting me for the rest of my life. I tend to just draw the tiniest line in the hollows of my cheeks and then blend it with my Zoeva face face brush taking it up to my temples.

Blush is also another Clinique chubby stick, I just love how convenient these little things are.  This is a lovely dusky pink/mauve shade - perfect for all year round.

Finishing off with a touch of highlight just dabbed on the cheekbones and brow bone. I find this highlight really adds to the dewy finish.

So there we have it, my "go to" base of the moment. I really love how it makes my skin look and feel.

Keep Smiling
xxx 

No comments

I love reading your comments ♥

awin