Powered by Blogger.

Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes

Its well known that I'm a fan of baking, I have been for many years and have spent many an afternoon in my kitchen whipping up cupcakes with just a spoon and a bowl gradually moving on to a handheld mixer and then finally getting my freestanding Kitchenaid mixer for my 30th.  If I could I would bake more often but having a child means you HAVE to include them in the baking process which is all well and good but my child also has type 1 diabetes meaning that the whole licking the bowl situation can be quite interesting. I mean how much insulin should I give him for that goddamnit! The other problem is that if you bake something you then have to eat it.  So when my best friend Amy asked if I would bake for an Afternoon Tea fundraising event she was holding I happily obliged (baking for a good cause without the guilt of eating ALL the cake....... winner)


So me and my extra sweet child donned our aprons and got to work.  I had intended to make 24 red velvet cupcakes but that turned out to be a bit of a disaster which we won't get into.  So I turned to my trusty Hummingbird Bakery Cook Book and made the Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes.  Thankfully these are a doddle to make and having a mixer takes the pressure off even more giving you time to weigh out the other ingredients whilst your mixer is doing all the hard work. 20 minutes in the oven and a dollop of cream cheese frosting with some broken digestives later we had ourselves some tasty cupcakes.

They seemed to be a hit at the afternoon tea party and my friends raised almost £700 for Breast Cancer Research which is just amazing.  I am so incredibly proud of all the effort they have gone to and wish them all the best for the Moon Walk in May.

Keep Smiling
xxx

2 comments

  1. Awww this is lovely thank you so much for all your kind donations and support. And your cupcakes are always amazing I'm just gutted I was to busy to try one. Thank you 😚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this book. I have it too and I'm always baking bits from it x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin