Powered by Blogger.

MY BIRTHDAY | THE SCARLET


Yesterday I turned 33. Im totally fine about getting older, with age comes wisdom and all that its just a shame that it also comes with wrinkles but hey there's always botox right?

I may have mentioned to husband that I would REALLY love to have a spa day for my birthday with him. A spa day is Dylan's idea of hell but he must really love me because he only went and bloody booked The Scarlet.

Upon arriving at The Scarlet our car was taken away by the valet (how posh) and we were taken down to the spa. Once we had filled out some paperwork we then got into our robes and had a dip in the pool, which we had all to ourselves and sat in the eucalyptus steam room to open up our pores. It wasn't long before it was time for us to have a soak in the clifftop hot tub. This was the highlight of the day if I'm totally honest. The views were stunning and we just sat there looking out to the ocean drinking tea BLISS.

We went for the "Spend Time Together" package which involves a soak in the clifftop hot tub, a Rhassoul for 2 where you scrub yourself down with a salt scrub in your own private steam room, shower off and then apply mud to each other and let the steam work its magic. It was perfect as I knew Dylan would not enjoy having a stranger massage him and this way we could just spend some quality time together (and throw mud at each other......so much fun!)

After we had finished up with our Rhassoul it was time for a bit more relaxing, I read my book, Dylan checked his eyelids and then we were called up for our healthy lunch. I was a little worried that it wouldn't fill me up as it was a lot of greens and salad but I can honestly say all the food was delicious and we were introduced to pickled rhubarb.....I never even knew that was a thing, it was delicious.

After lunch we headed out to the clifftop sauna which was lovely and toasty, we then had another quick dip in the pool and just like that the day was over and it was time for us to go home.

This was the most relaxed, blissful birthday i've ever had. It was just what I needed after the tough week we had last week with Fletcher's diabetes. The Scarlet is a stunning hotel which I would actually love to return to and stay the night.....maybe next year :-)

Keep Smiling
xxx


No comments

I love reading your comments ♥

awin