Powered by Blogger.

PERSPECTIVE


A few photos from a couple of weeks ago at the Helford River when life felt normal. It was a gorgeous sunny day with a touch of rain and we went for a walk along the river and stopped for a hot chocolate. It was splendid.

This weeks been a rough one if I'm being completely honest.  I've been an emotional wreck.  We've been having a hard old time controlling Fletcher's bloods.  Living with diabetes is so exhausting, it consumes your whole life, and I'm not even the one with it.  My dear little Fletcher, bless him. Without going into too much detail, he keeps having too many prolonged hypos (lows) which can potentially be very dangerous, lead to coma or even death! He was hypo for over 3 hours on Monday and i've not been sleeping due to checking his bloods every hour in the night, basically because I was worried he might never wake up.  Coincidentally this all happened the day that Dylan had to go back to work so I was all alone. Thankfully I have a great support system and my friends and family have been incredible. My mum even stayed with me for 2 nights to help me out.

Anyway moving on.......Fletcher is on the mend now, we're slowly getting his bloods back to normal and I wanted to just get a little perspective. Whilst I can totally hate this horrible disease there are worse things out there and we are so grateful that his condition is something that can be treated with the right medication.  We have bad days but boy do we have way more good days and I just need to keep reminding myself of that.  Its so easy to forget the good times when you're going through a rough patch and you can almost spiral out of control, but I know that those good times are just around the corner again.

So to stay positive i'm going to make a list of 5 nice little things I want to do over the next few days to give me something to look forward to and to just perk myself up a bit.

1.  Paint my nails and add a little sparkle
2.  Have a bubble bath and watch youtube
3.  Start my new book (Me After You)
4.  Have a lie in (and sleep for 100 years)
5.  Get my hair cut

Its Friday tomorrow! YAY

Keep Smiling
xxx

1 comment

  1. Did you know you can create short urls with AdFly and earn money for every visit to your short links.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin