Powered by Blogger.

BLOGMAS #12 | PENROSE NATIONAL TRUST

I had the nicest day yesterday. I woke at 9am after having a lie in (thanks husband) ate my croissant and got ready for a day of fun at Penrose Estate in Helston.  Penrose is part of the National Trust and  has the nicest woodland walks. We made wreaths there last year and had such a lovely day that we decided to go back and do the same this year. However it was slightly different this year in that they weren't doing wreath making (sad face).........but we managed to forage around with the help of some of the staff and make a wreath anyway. I used just holly and ivy and have some pine cones, orange slices and cinnamon to add to it (which i'm hoping to do tomorrow after work).

The kids had a wonderful time making Christmas decorations. I find it really hard to not get involved when Fletcher is getting crafty, I always want to take over because I want things to look a certain way but i completely let him take charge and didn't really get involved at all. After all the excitement of wreath making/getting crafty we had a spot of lunch and had a little walk around the estate. I think its up there as one of my favourite places to visit on a sunny day, and boy was it a sunny day. It was the perfect cold crisp December day.

Keep Smiling
xxx

No comments

I love reading your comments ♥

awin