Powered by Blogger.

BLOGMAS #16 | CRY IT OUT

On Thursday I met with the Clinical Psychologist to talk about the anxiety issues I've been dealing with surrounding Fletcher's diabetes. 

Fletch was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes back in 2014, he was just 2 1/2 years old. It was a tough time but somehow Dylan and I were able to cope with it pretty well. I think the fact that I work on the Children's unit at the hospital helped because I hear about all the other horrible conditions that children have and it is heartbreaking.  Thankfully diabetes can be treated with insulin, I just wish they could work on that cure a bit quicker. 

It was a very tearful session but so beneficial. I felt like a load had been lifted just talking about how I felt. She was really lovely and understanding and kept reminded me that Fletcher really would be ok. She actually asked me a really important question "what do you do to relax"? And it kinda threw me a bit because I didn't really have an answer. I think I've been so focused on looking after Fletcher and being a total control freak that I've forgotten the things that I enjoy and how to relax. She gave me lots of tips on how to relax, some breathing exercises and progressive muscle relaxation exercises and basically told me I needed to make time for myself which I am totally taking on board. 

I am learning a lot about myself and am learning to live in the moment rather than worry about whether Fletcher will be a reckless teenager and refuse to take his insulin (yes these are the things that keep me up at night) I'm going to be kinder to myself and put less pressure on myself. I definitely need to learn to let it go.

Keep Smiling
xxx

No comments

I love reading your comments ♥

awin