Powered by Blogger.

FRESH AIR

It will probably come as no surprise to you that I love to visit the beach. I'm very fortunate to live in Cornwall, home to over 400 beaches and I love nothing more than spending the day at the beach. I've been trying to visit the beach as much as possible throughout the winter months. There's something about the sea air thats so comforting and I nearly always get a better nights sleep after a day by the seaside.

Its so easy to just stay in and cosy up at home under a duvet when the days are cold and grey but i've never really been one to just stay at home all day, I get cabin fever and just HAVE to get out and get some fresh air. Plus for me getting a steady dose of vitamin D is so important, it boosts the immune system helping to prevent diseases, fights depression and just generally makes you feel happier and I am all about being happy.

So this past weekend we visited 2 seaside towns. First up is Porthleven which is near Helston. The weather was perfect, it was sunny but crisp cold and the clouds made for some very moody shots across the horizon. I feel like Porthleven is one of those under rated towns, its so pretty and although it doesn't have the same things to offer as St Ives it is equally as beautiful and has some really cute little cafes, a harbour and a lovely shingle beach and there are definitely less seagulls there than St Ives.

porthleven
Porthleven
Porthleven
Porthleven
Porthleven Harbour
Porthleven Harbour
porthleven cornwall
porthleven cornwall
Porthleven Harbour
Porthleven Harbour
rays of sun over sea
Pretty chuffed with this shot. I always like to think that the rays of sun are taking up the souls of those that died at sea.
Beach Cornwall
Porthleven Beach
Bay View Porthleven
Bay View Porthleven
Next up is a more well known beach, Perranporth. This is a MASSIVE beach on the north coast and is very busy in the summer hence why I tend to visit it more in the winter.  I did my best to be "Fun Mum" and played a game of catch ball with those velcro thingys. It was bloody freezing but I stayed warm with my furry hooded coat and trusty leather gloves (my christmas present from Fletcher).  Perran does have the most beautiful golden sand and a great beach cafe called The Watering Hole   which we stopped in to warm up with a hot chocolate.
Perranporth Beach
Perranporth Beach
Watering Hole
Beach Games
Hot Chocolate
Perranporth
Now my question is..........which beach do I visit next weekend?
Keep Smiling
xxx



No comments

I love reading your comments ♥

awin