Powered by Blogger.

HOW TO GET THE BEST NIGHTS SLEEP

COSY BED
I love nothing more than a good nights sleep and the majority of the time I do manage to get a good nights sleep. But there are times when it just takes a little while longer to drift off, usually when I'm going through a stressful or worrying period. 

I thought I would share the steps I use to drift off to a really peaceful sleep. Now I don't do this whole routine every night but there are aspects of it that I do every night.
BUBBLE BATH
COMFY CLOTHES
BUBBLE BATH/GET COMFY
I love to start the evening off with a nice warm bubble bath. I usually chuck a lush bath bomb in there, grab my book or iPad and just chill out for 20 minutes. Sometimes I'll smother a face mask all over my face whilst i'm in there. Then I get into my comfy clothes.
BEDTIME YOGA
YOGA
Ahhhhh bedtime yoga is the absolute best. I always follow Adriene's videos when i'm doing yoga from home. I get a blanket, light a candle, get some water and just breath and stretch for 20 minutes. It's brilliant for settling any anxiety or stress and it keeps you limber.
HORLICKS
HORLICKS
I know, I know, I'm a total granny but I drink a cup of Horlicks every night and I have done for about 3 years now. Whether it actually helps me sleep I don't know but I do always feel sleepy about 30 minutes after drinking it so I think it works. Its packed full of vitamins too so I like to think its helping my body in some way. If I can't have Horlicks then I'll happily have a cup of warm milk (like a 2 year old, yes!)
SLEEP CANDLE
ENVIRONMENT/SETTING THE SCENE
Probably the most important thing for me is to have a tidy bedroom. I simply cannot settle if I have mess and clutter around me so I make sure everything is tidied away before climbing into bed. I turn the lights down and also like to light my This Works Deep Sleep candle and spray my pillow with the pillow spray.
PILLOW SPRAY
READ
Another thing that I do every night is read. I find it really helps to switch my mind off because you have to be fully present when you read a book to understand the story and I absolutely love it when I get totally lost in a book. It does unfortunately sometimes lead me to go to bed late because I get a bit too engrossed.......(just one more chapter)

MINDFULNESS 
If i'm finding it particularly hard to drift off I pop on my SleepPhones and turn on my Headspace app. I love this app so much. I do try and practice mindfulness every day and Take 10 just really helps to focus on the moment rather than think about what I need to do the following day or dwell on the mistakes I made in the past.

How do you drift off? Do you have any other tips to share?

Keep Smiling
xxx

No comments

I love reading your comments ♥

awin