Powered by Blogger.

awin

IS THERE ANYBODY THERE?

I've been a bit quiet on the blogging front recently and its actually been a welcomed break. I've needed time to focus on myself and my family without the pressure of thinking of content for my blog.  Work has been stressful these past couple of weeks and I was having trouble sleeping because of it. Fletcher's also been under the weather recently with a cold/flu too which always makes me anxious. Thankfully some quality time with loved ones has really helped me to recharge my batteries. I do however feel like there are so many other amazing blogs out there now that people probably don't really care about what I have to say anymore because quite frankly i'm just another girl talking about her everyday life! And do people even read blogs anymore? Is there anybody even reading this?

I set up this blog 7 years ago to have as a bit of a diary of my life and its only been within the last few years that I've opened up about it to friends. I don't really know why I kept blogging a secret, maybe I was a little bit shy and embarrassed about it and I didn't want people to make fun of me for taking pictures of myself or to think I was full of myself. But as i've got older i've learnt not to really care what people think and actually the feedback i've had from my friends has been really positive and supportive.

If you follow me on Instagram (my favourite social media platform) you'll know that I've been getting a lot braver on Instastories and I have to say it's one of my favourite features on there now. I was a little shy at first and still absolutely hate hearing my Cornish accent but so many of you have commented to say how much you love my instastories and that I should vlog on YouTube.  I have been toying with vlogging and actually do already have a YouTube channel with 2 very cringy videos on it. But I just dunno, would people actually enjoy watching me go about my every day life?.........answers on a postcard. Plus I would need to buy a vlogging camera too, where the hell do i start with that!

Im not entirely sure where i'm going with this blogpost, I suppose I just wanted to have a chat about whats been on my mind recently.  I really want to create the most amazing content for my blog and I have all these wonderful ideas floating around in my teeny tiny brain but when it comes to putting pen to paper (so to speak) I get writers block! Or i'll read someone elses blog, compare it to mine and then want to just shut down my whole blog because it will never be as good as theirs.  Its true what they say "comparison is the thief of joy". I think I've been putting too much pressure on myself and I just need to reign it in and stick to the basics and remind myself why I set up this blog in the first place - for MYSELF as MY life diary and to write about things that I love. So that's what i'm sticking to and i'm gonna stop beating myself up about everything else.

I hope you all had wonderful weekends

Keep Smiling
xxx

11 comments

  1. Hi Sam, I recently came across your feed on Instagram and for me, the reason I chose to follow you, and still do after having a massive following cull recently, is because you seem so authentic to yourself, and just real.

    I totally agree with the point 'comparison is the thief of joy' - And I think often, bloggers who really take off become so out of reach and really un relatable, which leaves me feeling a bit deflated and no longer interested, as their lives are so far from my own and I begin to compare. So its so refreshing to see someone who shops in Topshop and puts together amazing, but realistic to emulate outfits and makeup ideas and just something thats actually attainable? So thank you for being you. I hope that made sense, in my head it does!! xx ps I love your instastories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this lovely comment Hannah. I definitely take the "keeping it real" approach to life and am glad this shows through my blog and instagram. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and comment on it too, that means a lot xx

      Delete
  2. I'm a happy blog reader/Insta follower! Keep up the great work! You are super authentic and honest, which I really love since most people I follow seem to curate a "theme" to their lives-- at least, what they show us! I like that you share your life honestly and openly, and I love your style! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, I'm glad to hear you enjoy reading my blog.......... i won't give it up just yet then :-) xx

      Delete
  3. I commented on your Instagram post, that I love reading your blog and how you had inspired me to take more care of myself. Because of your blog I have used a face mask for the 1st time, started wearing makeup (at aged 36!) I have really sensitive skin, so although I can't wear it everyday I now know what sort of thing I should buy and how to apply it, to try to do something with my hair rather than just the usual messy bun and to try new styles of clothes- hello jetting, where have you been all my life?
    I love your style of writing, it's as though I'm chatting with a friend and sharing a pot of tea. It makes me laugh how much we have in common, from clothes (although I have never shopped in Topshop!) home interior style, baking and a love for nail varnish!
    Please keep on writing your blog and I promise to keep on reading it ;) and following your adventures on Instagram.
    That's what I love about your blog, Instagram/instastories I can relate to it, the joy of finding a treasure in Primark, the love of spending time with the family doing nothing more than wandering about on a beach and drinking hot chocolate and the fun and frustrations of being a Wife and Mumma.
    Love from Gemma Xx (@themillershouse on Instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh thank you Gemma for saying such lovely things both on here and on my instagram. Its really lovely to hear that i've inspired people in some way or another. All I really wanted was a space to write down my thoughts and the fact that so many people can also relate to certain things in my life is just amazing. Its like were all in this together (cheesy i know) xx

      Delete
  4. That was meant to say jeggings, not jetting! ;) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam,

    I agree with Hannah, you are a true blogger, so reachable! I love reading your blog and seeing your outfit pics (it gives me ideas!!). I much prefer your blog as it's real lifestyle unlike the likes of the gleam lot(enough said!).

    Don't know anything about cameras etc, but I would love to see videos occasionally (I understand how busy you are!) They don't need to be super edited - much prefer natural and real content! Don't worry about comparison - there are very few real bloggers like you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and also comment, i really appreciate it. Thanks for the feedback, i think i'll just continue as I am and may dip my toe into the world of vlogging at some point just to try it out xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Sam,

    I too love to read your blog and echo the comments that everyone has put. You keep it real, ups and downs, highs and low's, real life and that's what is so inspiring to read. Keep doing what you are doing as you do a great blog, when you have time in this crazy busy life we all lead! Picking up lots of hints, tips and places to visit ideas.
    Thanks for keeping it real.
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been following from over here in America for the last 6 years! I remember when you announced you were pregnant! No need to feel pressure to put out tons of content or post all the time. Your honest thoughts and the privilege of seeing an every day life in Cornwall is more than enough :) And while other blogs may be super polished and churn out tons of posts, you offer an authenticity that is so refreshing. Keep doing your thing. And may I say - you haven't aged at all in 6 years! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin