Powered by Blogger.

FEELING CRAP ABOUT MYSELF


Top - Primark//Jeans - Gap//Flip Flops - Havaianas 

It's safe to say i've been feeling pretty shit about myself these past few days. I can't really put my finger on what triggered it but I would hazard a guess that its a mix of the holiday blues, time of the month and the grey drizzly days we've been having.

We came back from Portugal on Tuesday evening and after a pretty good nights sleep we woke to another beautiful sunny day so I managed to catch up on my laundry and then lie out in the sun for a good portion of the day, Wednesday was a pretty good day. I'd say the crappy feeling started to happen on Thursday afternoon and then just spiralled from there. Literally everything was getting on my nerves. The house was a shit hole with remnants of our holiday in every room, our Dyson hoover stinks of dog shit so every time you use it it smells like the dog took a crap in the room, I felt plain ugly, hot and irritable. I was continuously being asked questions from Fletcher which I just couldn't be arsed to answer. I even had to take a little break from Instagram because I felt like my feed looked so rubbish compared to everyone else and I literally had nothing to talk about other than how crap I felt which I didn't want to do. After obsessing about it I decided I just needed to stop looking at it and do you know what, the break was just what I needed. It was also nice to still have 88% battery before going to bed haha.

Im slowly getting back to feeling my normal chirpy self but I just felt like I needed to share with you that I also have off days.  The little things that really helped me to get out of this funk were:

1. Music - Namely Paulo Nutini Pencil Full of Lead, that song never fails to cheer me up
2. Dancing - I love love love dancing to anything, anywhere. Zumba on Thursday is my sanctuary
3. Smiling/Laughing - Even if you don't feel like smiling it really is a mood lifter
4. Getting outside - Even if it is drizzly rain and your son wants to go to the park
5. Roobis Tea - Its soothing, delicious and caffeine free
6. Headspace app - Taking 10 minutes out of your day to be mindful is always a good idea
7. Getting my hair done - Nothing gives you a boost like getting your hair done
8. Bath and Book - Pure relaxation
9. Cooking - I cooked a delicious butternut squash chilli from Clean Eating Alice
10. New sports gear - The brighter the better

I'm hoping being back at work is going to get some structure back into my life (ever the optimist, trying to find a positive of going back to work)

Keep Smiling
xxx

2 comments

  1. Sorry you were feeling shit Sam - i get many days like this (mainly because my hormones are flying everywhere!)

    I think your combo of reasons were probs why you were feeling down. But what concerned me and made me feel shocked is your comment on your insta feed - looking shit compared to everyone else! BABE! DONT THINK LIKE THAT!! i wont go into reasons other than there is more to life than social media. So taking the break was good for you but try to do it once a month and dont compare yourself to others!

    Anyway - on request of your feed id like to see more cooking recipes as im gonna have to do more cooking when im off work and baby comes!

    Much love ❤ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't read and run. So sorry you've been feeling this way Sam, but it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one. Bloody hormones have so much to answer for! It's so easy to compare yourself to others and feel like shit but as a long term follower of yours on instagram, I can tell you that I always love seeing your posts pop up and it's refreshing to see a real person with a real life rather than an over styled, over curated, soulless blog which is only out to make money. Yours is pretty, polished, but also personal and I love that. Sending virtual fist bumps from Kent xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ♥

awin